The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center’s Global Affiliates Program is excited to welcome its new class of fellows to Stanford University:
- Hiroto Akai , Ministry of Finance, Japan
- Yasuhito Ando , Kozo Keikaku Engineering
- Lizhong Chen, , SanJohn Capital Limited
- Umesh Desai , Reliance Life Sciences
- Jiazhong Fang , PetroChina
- Yosuke Hatano , Shizuoka Prefectural Government
- Junichiro Hirata , Hirata Holdings
- Tetsuji Ito , Development Bank of Japan
- Yangming Li , PetroChina
- Akihisa Makino , Japan Patent Office
- Yusuke Matsuda , Nippon Foundation
- Ryoji Miyawaki , AAKEL Technologies
- Akira Muto , Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan
- Hiro Nishinaka , Ishin Co., Ltd.
- Yuki Sakai , Mitsubishi Electric
- Masahiro Shizu , Japan Air Self Defense Force
- Ramachandra Siddappa , Reliance Life Sciences
- Takanori Tomozawa , Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry, Japan
- Hayato Watanabe , Hamamatsu Shinkin Bank
- Keisuke Yamasaki , The Asahi Shimbun
- Kosuke Yokota , Future Corporation
Over the course of their year at Stanford University, fellows will audit classes, improve their English skills, and conduct individual research projects; at year's end, they will make a formal presentation on the findings from their research.
Throughout their time at the center, fellows have the opportunity to consult with Shorenstein APARC's scholars and attend events featuring visiting experts from around the world. Fellows will also participate in special events and site visits to gain a firsthand understanding of business, society, and culture in the United States.