As the new academic year gets underway, the Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center’s Corporate Affiliate Program is excited to welcome its new class of fellows to Stanford University:
- Hiroto Akai, Ministry of Finance, Japan
- Hong Cao, PetroChina
- Michelle Chen, Yongjin Group
- Takahito Inoshita, Kozo Keikaku Engineering
- Kazumasa Ito, Mitsubishi Electric
- Yoshihiro Kato, Future Architect, Inc.
- Jiangbo Lu, PetroChina
- Hiroki Morishige, Shizuoka Prefectural Government
- Hiroshi Nishinaka, Ishin Co., Ltd.
- Kazushi Nomura, Japan Patent Office
- Takeshi Okamoto, Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry, Japan
- Ramya Raveendran, Reliance Life Sciences
- Jeong Ah Ryou, Yozma Group
- Hayato Watanabe, Hamamatsu Shinkin Bank
- Toshiyuki Watanabe, The Asahi Shimbun
During their stay at Stanford University, the fellows will audit classes, work on English skills, and conduct individual research projects; at the end of the year, they will make a formal presentation on the findings from their research. During their stay at the center, they will have the opportunity to consult with Shorenstein APARC's scholars and attend events featuring visiting experts from around the world. The fellows will also participate in special events and site visits to gain a firsthand understanding of business, society, and culture in the United States.