Shorenstein Journalism Award Nominations
Call for Nominations
Nominations for the 2020 Shorenstein Journalism Award are now closed. Please review the rules for nominations below.
Rules and Procedures for Award Nominations
Thank you for your interest in submitting a nomination for the Shorenstein Journalism Award. The Award Selection Committee considers nominations submitted by editors, publishers, scholars, teachers, journalism associations, and entities focused on researching and interpreting the Asia-Pacific region. Nominators should have professional knowledge of their nominee’s work. Self-nominations are NOT accepted.
To nominate a candidate for the award, please review the following guidelines then fill in and submit the form below:
- The deadline to submit nominations for the 2020 award is Friday, February 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST.
- Nominees must be journalists with an outstanding track record of covering the complexities of the Asia-Pacific region.
- The award alternates between recipients whose work has mostly been published in Asian news media and those whose work has mostly been conveyed through American news media. The 2020 award will recognize a recipient from the latter category.
- Both individual journalists and journalism organizations are eligible for the award.
- A nominee’s body of work may cover any Asia-Pacific region. For the award, the Asia-Pacific region is defined broadly to include Northeast, Southeast, South, and Central Asia and Australasia.
- A nominee’s body of work may be in traditional forms of print or broadcast journalism and/or in new forms of multimedia journalism. The work under consideration must be in English and come from print and/or audiovisual outlets that publish regularly and adhere to the highest journalistic principles.
- The Selection Committee weighs the public impact of and engagement with a nominee’s body of work, among other factors. Nomination entries may include evidence that demonstrates such impact and engagement.
- The Shorenstein Award Selection Committee presides over the judging process that results in award winners, for whose selection the Committee is responsible.
- Shorenstein APARC will announce the winner by April 2020 and present the award at a public ceremony at Stanford in autumn quarter of 2020.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.