The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Center, a research center within the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies (FSI), seeks a full-time Communications and Outreach Coordinator (Job ID 76237) to work with faculty, program leadership and staff to plan, coordinate, and implement the Center's communication programs.
- Develop, execute and oversee written communications of moderate complexity, including presentations, speeches, news stories, web content, talking points, and correspondence and social media posts.
- Participate in regular meetings of key researchers with media relations needs to develop strategies and tactics for facilitating effective communications.
- Assist in identifying and maintaining professional relationships with key press and community leaders.
- Assist in preparing content for internal or external newsletters. Understand email and digital content distribution.
- Identify individuals/groups to attend and/or speak at public meetings or other events.
- Coordinate media, community or government relations, and ensure logistics and preparations are handled.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent written communication skills, reporting skills, and skills in conceptual editing, copy editing, and proof reading.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal communications groups across campus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a variety of people.
- Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood.
For consideration please submit resume and cover letter. A background check will be required for all final candidates.
To apply, please visit stanfordcareers.stanford.edu/job-search